NSA Hampton Roads Portsmouth • Riverview Fitness Center
Saturday, February 25
is February 25 at 10 a.m. (registration starts at 9:30 a.m.)
is February 25 after 3-Point Shootout
Final tournament and shootout will be held Friday, March 10 at Q-80 Waterfront Athletic Complex, Naval Station Norfolk.
Rules & Regulations
- Event open to all eligible MWR patrons ages 18 and older, to include active duty, reservists, retirees, family members and DoD civilians.
- Participants must be attached to or regularly use the facilities on board the host base.
- Event will be conducted using standard size basketballs.
- 90-second rounds.
- Five racks with five balls each, including one money ball (worth two points).
- Standard 3-point contest format.
- Ties broken with 60-second round using same format.
- At least THREE members of each team must be attached to or regularly use the facilities on board the host base.
- Maximum of two substitutes per team.
- Single elimination tournament with the final game determining top male and female competitors.
- Games will last 12 minutes or until a team scores 10 points, whichever occurs first.
- All games must be won by at least two points, unless the time limit is reached.
- All games will be officiated using National Federation High School Officials.
- Scoring will consist of one point inside the arc and two points beyond the arc.